22nd June 2019
London Transport Museum
Steam on the District Line 150 (3 trains)
|Locos Used||12 'Sarah Siddons' & steam: Metropolitan No.1|
Route : LT reporting code 150 throughout
|12 (1)||Ealing Broadway - Ealing Common - Acton Town - Turnham Green - Hammersmith - West Kensington - Earl's Court - High Street Kensington|
|Met No.1 (2)||High Street Kensington - (reverse of outward route) - Ealing Broadway|
(1) Met No.1 on rear.
(2) 12 on rear.
(3) These tours were advertised as the last chance to ride behind steam on London Underground in central London, with steam operation to cease entirely from 2021, following signalling upgrades on the District, Hammersmith and City, Circle and Metropolitan lines.
(4) It is reported that the first run of the day was nearly 2 hours late after a fault arose in the electrical pickup shoe-gear on 'Sarah Siddons', which heavily delayed its movement from Ruislip Depot.
(5) Three round trips advertised.
(6) Tour postponed from 28/07/18.
(7) Route confirmation required - above is from booked timings.
Source : Mark Herriott
Timings (Booked Only)
(from Geoff Brockett)
|Ealing Broadway||11.11d [P9]||13.06d [P9]||15.06d [P9]|
|Acton Town||11/17½ [P4]||13/12 [P4]||15/12½ [P4]|
|Earl's Court||11/33 [P1]||13/29 [P1]||15/29 [P1]|
|High Street Kensington||11.36a ~ 12.07d [P3]||13.32a ~ 14.07d [P3]||15.32a ~ 16.07d [P3]|
|Acton Town||12/27 [P1]||14/27 [P1]||16/27 [P1]|
|Ealing Broadway||12.33a [P9]||14.33a [P9]||16.33a [P9]|
Associated E.C.S. Workings
(12 with Met No.1 on rear) : Ruislip Depot to Ealing Common
(Met No.1 with 12 on rear) : Ealing Common Depot to Ealing Broadway
(12 with Met No.1 on rear) : Ealing Broadway to Ealing Common Depot
(Met No.1 with 12 on rear) : Ealing Common Depot to Ruislip Depot
|Location||Booked (out)||Booked (rtn)|
|Ruislip Siding||09.25 ~ 09.33||18.00 ~ 18.10|
|Ealing Common Depot||10.01 ~ 10.37||17.12 ~ 17.28|
|Ealing Broadway||10.42a [P9]||17.06d [P9]|
Back to "The Railtour Files"