27th December 1980
F & W Tours
The Nene Valley Invader
|Locos Used (2)||45073, 46044, 46048, 50004 & Steam: 73050 'City of Peterborough'|
Route : 1Z43 throughout (4)
|50004||Plymouth - Bristol Temple Meads|
|46044 (2)||Bristol Temple Meads - Gloucester - Birmingham - Leicester - Peterborough - Fletton Jn - (near) Orton Mere|
|73050||((near) Orton Mere - Wansford|
|73050||Wansford - (near) Orton Mere|
|46044 (2)||(near) Orton Mere - Peterborough|
|46048||Peterborough - Huntington - Stevenage - Finsbury Park (1) - Canonbury Jn - Dalston (1)|
|46048||Dalston - (via North London Line) - Willesden Junction High Level - Acton Wells - Old Oak Common East Jn - Park Royal - Ealing Broadway - Greenford - High Wycombe - Banbury - LeamingtonSpa - Birmingham New Street - Cheltenham - Gloucester|
|45073 (2)||Gloucester - Bristol Temple Meads - Taunton - Plymouth|
(1) Route confirmation required.
(2) 46044 was originally shown on this Page as 46010, 45073 as 45037.
(3) Was booked to go Finsbury Park - Copenhagen Tunnel - North London Incline - Camden Road, but because of engineering works, it had to be diverted via Canonbury Jn - Dalston (run round) then regaining the booked route Camden Road.
(4) Reported as the first (passenger?) train over the connection from BR.
(5) Clive Barlow has the headcode as 1Z73 - confirmation anyone?
Sources : Martin McLean, PRAR & Nick Perring (joined/left
train at Plymouth)
Back to "The Railtour Files"