17th March 1984
Southern Electric Group
|Locos Used||73126 & 73138|
|Stock Used||2 x 4TC|
|73126 (3)||London Waterloo - Clapham Junction - Wimbledon - Raynes Park - Motspur Park - Tolworth - Chessington South (2)|
|73138 (4)||Chessington South - Tolworth - Motspur Park - Raynes Park - Wimbledon West Jn - (via connection to Central Tracks) - Wimbledon - Tooting - Streatham - Tulse Hill - Brixton - Factory Jn - Longhedge Jn - Clapham Junction - Point Pleasant Jn - East Putney - Wimbledon - New Malden - Kingston - Fulwell - Shepperton|
|73126 (3)||Shepperton - Fullwell - Strawberry Hill - Twickenham|
|73138 (4)||Twickenham - Feltham - Staines - Staines West Oil Terminal headshunt (stub of the GW branch to West Drayton) (5)|
|73126 (3)||Staines West Oil Terminal headshunt - Staines - Staines UGL (6)|
|73138 (4)||Staines UGL - Staines - Virginia Water - Ascot - Wokingham - Reading - Southcote Jn - Basingstoke - Andover - Laverstock North Jn - Laverstock South Jn - Dean - Romsey - Redbridge - Southampton Central|
|73126 (3)||Southampton Central - Southampton Western Docks (Berth 105) (7)|
|73138 (4)||Southampton Western Docks - Southampton Central - Eastleigh|
|73126 (3)||Eastleigh - Northam Jn - Southampton Eastern Docks (8)|
|73138 (4)||Southampton Eastern Docks - Northam Jn - Winchester - Worting Jn - Hampton Court Jn - Clapham Junction - London Waterloo|
(1) Although these locos were JB's, the organiser wanted class 73/0s till it was pointed out that they did not have the facility to work in Push Pull mode. That is why the tour was advertised as the JA Jamboree rather than the JB Jamboree.
(2) The train had been timed to Chessington Goods, but this was refused a few days before the tour because of track condition. The timings below are the revised version.
(3) 73138 propelling on the rear.
(4) 73126 propelling on the rear.
(5) Some people were expecting a reversal into the former Staines West Station but were suitably disappointed. Kevin Driscoll confirms the train was not booked to do so, it was just wishful thinking on the part of some.
(6) Described in the timing sheet as Staines Depot Loop.
(7) about 3 rail lengths short of convergence of route from yard.
(8) Booked to Berth 38 - confirmation required.
Sources : Andy Pullar (on the train from
Waterloo to Eastleigh) & Kevin Driscoll
Timings (Booked & Actual)
(from Kevin Driscoll)
|13.73||Chessington South||08.55a ~ 09.14d|
|?||Tolworth||09p18a ~ 09p24d|
|20.18||Wimbledon West Jn||09/34|
|20.49||Wimbledon||09c36a ~ ??c??d ([P9])|
|23.54||Streatham South Jn||09/42|
|30.46||Clapham Junction||10c02a ~ ??c??d|
|31.61||Point Pleasant Jn||10/05|
|46.60||Sunbury||10p33a ~ 10p43d|
|48.69||Shepperton||10.48a ~ 10.56d|
|56.43||Twickenham||11.10a ~ 11.19d|
|64.24||Staines||11c31a ~ ??c??d|
|64.75||Staines Oil Terminal Headshunt||11.38a ~ 11.57d|
|65.46||Staines||12c05a ~ ??c??d|
|65.64||Staines Depot Loop||12.07a ~ 12.13d|
|83.79||Reading New Jn||12/48|
|84.37||Reading||12.50a ~ 14.16d (lunch break)
(arrive [P4] depart [P9]
|94.79||Bramley||14p32a ~ 14p42d|
|99.78||Basingstoke||14c51a ~ ??c??d|
|134.32||Laverstock North Jn||15/37|
|134.66||Laverstock South Jn||15/39|
|158.05||Southampton||16.12a ~ 16.20d|
|158.60||Millbrook Dock Entrance||16/24|
|160.71||Southampton Western Docks||16.34a ~ 16.44d|
|163.02||Millbrook Dock Entrance||16/54|
|169.31||Eastleigh||17.10a ~ 17.21d (17.10 ~ ??.??)|
|174.68||Southampton Dock Gates||17/35|
|175.57||Southampton Eastern Docks||17.55a ~ 18.05d|
|176.46||Southampton Dock Gates||18/25|
|242.22||Hampton Court Jn||19/34|
Back to "The Railtour Files"