19th August 1973
The Hereford Flyer
|Locos Used||1873, E3086 & E3126|
London Euston - (via WCML) - near Weedon (by M1) (1)
near Weedon (by M1) - Rugby - Nuneaton
|1873||Nuneaton - Water Orton - Landor Street Jn - St Andrews Jn - Bordesley Jn - KIngs Norton - Bromsgrove - Stoke Works Jn - Droitwich Spa (3) - Worcester Shrub Hill|
|1873||Worcester Shrub Hill - Tunnel Jn|
|1873||Tunnel Jn - Worcester Foregate Street - Malvern Wells - Shelwick Jn - Hereford|
(4) Hereford - (reverse of outward route) - Tunnel Jn (4)
Tunnel Jn - Worcester Shrub Hill - Norton Jn - Abbotswood Jn - Cheltenham Spa - Gloucester - Chepstow - Severn Tunnel Junction - Newport - Barry Island (5)
|1873||Barry Island - ??? - Abergavenny - Hereford - ??? - ?Nuneaton?|
|?????||?Nuneaton? - (?via WCML?) - London Euston|
(1) E3126 failed.
(2) plus E3126 dead-in-tow.
(3) For off-train option to the Severn Valley Railway.
(4) Due to engineering works on the direct route, the train retraced its route to Worcester before heading south to the final destination, Barry.
(5) Arriving 90 minutes late, the train returned almost immediately.
(6) Originally uploaded as having run on 20th August, in error.
From Gary Thornton's ticket collection.
Sources : Gary Thornton (from contemporary sources) & David
Back to "The Railtour Files"