6th May 1967
Maid Marion Locomotive
'Maid Marian' Special(s)
|Loco(s) Used||at least 'Maid Marian'|
|Stock Used||: described as a 'train of wagons and yellow [open] coaches'
Route : Peris-Padarn Tramway
length of the Peris-Padarn Tramway'
Route : Ffestiniog Railway
Portmadoc - Tan-y-Bwlch
|????||||Tan-y-Bwlch - Portmadoc|
(1) John Debens comments: 'Maid Marian' was built in 1903, and worked from then until withdrawn from use in 1964, at Dinorwic Slate Quarry. The locomotive was earmarked for preservation, some funds were raised, and it was handed over to M.M.L.F. on 6th May 1967, with these trips run on the hand-over day in order to raise funds for restoration.
|From The John Debens Ticket Collection - front and back of a ticket.|
Source : John Debens
Timings (Booked Only)
(from John Debens)
|Location||Booked (out)||Booked (rtn)|
Back to "The Railtour Files"